Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wish I Could Sleep

I had my wisdom teeth pulled during Marine Corps boot camp a little over 9 years ago. Only one problem, they pulled three and a half of the four. All but one came out without a problem, but that one apparently broke in half and they decided to just leave it as is. 9 years later I am in horrible pain. I made a trip to the dentist and he informed me that I had to be referred to an oral surgeon to have it removed. That's the good news. The bad news is that I have to wait almost a week to get an appointment. In the meantime I have been prescribed Vicodin to help relieve the pain and allow me to sleep. Yeah right, that's a joke because I have not slept for three days and the Vicodin is doing nothing for the pain.

I have tried to use some coping techniques like drinking whiskey but that only works for a couple hours and then the pain is intensified no doubt. But for that couple of hours while intoxicated I feel great. Anyone have any other ideas for pain relief of a toothache. Please keep advice legal.

4 comments:

  1. oh man that sucks! I had mine taken out 3 months ago, second worst pain in my life. I would see if they could give you a stronger prescription like Oxycotin. That is the most powerful pill they can give you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually when they perscribe Vicodin it is like 95% aspirin and only 5% hydrocodone, I would see if they would give you a stronger dosage because when I had my wisdom teeth taken out a couple years ago that's what I had to do. Good luck with the surgery, when I had mine out I got dry sockets from smoking, it developed on a Friday and it just so happens that i ran out of pills that morning and of course the doctor's office wasnt open until Monday, it was easily the worst weekend of my life

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those had to have sucked. When i got mine pulled last summer I got them pulled on a monday and started my new job on a thursday. I went home sick thinking it was my wisdom teeth but found out that i had Mono and Strep so i forgot all about my teeth ,lol, and had to two weeks off of my new job and lost 30 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your remedy of whiskey. I'll have to try that next time my teeth start hurting. I'm usually in so much pain, that's the last thing on my mind.

    ReplyDelete