Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Top Ten Influential People



I made a top ten list of my most influential people. These people range from the last century to present time and from athletes to family members. The list is arranged starting at 10 being the above average motivator to #1 being the person that has influenced me the most throughout my life.

#10. Brian Piccolo - with me being a die-hard Chicago Bears fan I have to say anyone with the will power to play football as the backup to Hall of Famer Gale Sayers while on his death bed deserves a spot on my list.

#9. Hugh Hefner - Any man would have to agree that he makes the list but many may say that he should be considered as a top 5 choice.

#8. Jose Canseco - Many may disagree with this choice but he has defaced himself while possibly saving the sport of Professional Baseball from steroid abuse.

#7. Susan B. Anthony - Faced on the dollar coin and fought to gain women the right to vote.

#6. Martin Luther King Jr. - Leader of the Civil Rights Movement and winner of Nobel Peace Prize in 1964. Believed in his cause enough to die for it.

#5. George Washington - Led the Constitutional Convention in 1787, and considered the Father of our Country.

#4. Sigmund Freud - The father of Psychology. He is so intriguing that I have decided to take on different lifelong goals. Criticized by nearly all of his colleagues but his work is still taught to college students many years later.

#3. Pat Tillman - Professional football player who gave up a very big salary to join the Army Rangers and defend his country after the attacks of September 11, 2001. He was killed in action during a firefight in Afghanistan.

#2. Sgt. Nichols (my drill instructor in Marine Corps boot camp) - The meanest SOB that I have ever met. He was mean but very motivating. I still have nightmares about that man but he made me a Marine, and for that I have forever grateful.

#1. Don Fansher (my step-father) - When I was just 4 years old my divorced mother married the greatest most influential person in my life. He raised me as his own and taught me everything he knew. From respect to how to play golf. He taught me to be the man I am today. I know I am not perfect but I am a much better person because of him. He passed in November of 2006 and a piece of me went with him, but more of him still lives in me.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting, diversified list. I am impressed with the rationale for your choices (except, maybe Hugh Hefner, but I am a woman).

    ReplyDelete